Below is the registration information for the one-day virtual Gathering Wisdom for a Shared Journey XI Forum (GWXI) scheduled for Wednesday, June 16, 2021 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm PST via Zoom Meeting.
What to expect:
For GW XI, the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions on large gatherings demands a shorter, 1-day virtual event with an agenda limited to a few priority program updates. In a virtual world, we are excited to share this year with some exciting events and activities such as Regional cultural sharing performances through pre-recorded videos, door prizes throughout the forum, and a fun assortment of GWXI themed virtual backgrounds. The following provides some key features of the virtual event:
- To ensure the BC First Nations Health Governance Structure meets its commitment (during the COVID-19 pandemic) to report and provide updates to all BC First Nations Chiefs and Leaders every 18 months.
- To provide an update on the status of the Governance Workbook intended to outline considerations and the path forward concluding in a resolution at GW XII in September 2022 on the ongoing role and advocacy agenda for the FNHC.
- To provide updates on COVID-19 response and the Multi-Year Health Plans from the FNHA.
- To provide updates on Health Director Certificate program and other learning and training updates from the FNHDA.
Similar to the Regional Caucuses, we are pleased to invite three (3) representatives from each BC First Nation community in BC. This includes:
- Political Lead (e.g. Chief or Proxy)
- Health Lead (e.g. Health Director, Community Health Representative, or Health Portfolio Holder on Council)
- Social Lead (e.g. Social Development Director, Social Development Worker, or Children and Family Worker)
Are you attending on behalf of an elected Chief or primary Health Director? Please fill out the Proxy letter here: Proxy Letter – GWXI.pdf
All information on GW XI can be found at https://gathering-wisdom.ca/ website, including the link for registration at: Gathering Wisdom for a Shared Journey XI Forum (GWXI)
Register before May 28, 2021 to confirm your spot.
For more information or questions:
GWXI will be hosted on Zoom Meeting. We hope to see you during the forum! You are encouraged to share and interact with the speakers, as you are comfortable. Your video and audio is not required for participation in any of the general conference sessions.
ZOOM Meeting Instructions:
- Please see below for methods to connect through both ZOOM app or phone. If you are unable to access ZOOM on a computer, please dial in through phone. If you get a busy signal, please keep trying.
- If you have any questions to ask the panel, please submit them by email before or during the meeting to GWXIfirstname.lastname@example.org or you can use the ‘Chat’ feature in the ZOOM application.
There are two options to join the meeting:
- ZOOM App:
You can sign into the Zoom App by clicking on the Join Zoom Meeting link provided to you once you complete your registration. When it asks you to join the meeting audio, select ‘join with computer audio’.
You can ask questions in real time by clicking on the ‘Chat’ button and then typing in your question.
- Join by phone:
If you are joining by phone and have any questions to ask the panel, please submit them by email before or during the meeting to GWXIemail@example.com .
If you have any questions about the ZOOM meeting, please submit them to GWXIfirstname.lastname@example.org.
See the FAQs below for more information.